Best Filter or Cannister to keep water clean?

fishbate

Without considering the price, i suggest a hydor would be nice. They have lots of filter products you can choose from depending on the price.

If your a DIY guy, why not make one. Its more economical yet effective. You just need to do a little research and watch some instructional videos.

Last edited:
Without considering the price, i suggest a hydor would be nice. They have lots of filter products you can choose from depending on the price.

If your a DIY guy, why not make one. Its more economical yet effective. You just need to do a little research and watch some instructional videos.

The home-made filter is what I use in my fish farm as it is cheaper as well as not fragile like some of the ones that you can buy from the market. So, I think that it is a wiser idea instead to go with the one we make at home.

fishbate

The home-made filter is what I use in my fish farm as it is cheaper as well as not fragile like some of the ones that you can buy from the market. So, I think that it is a wiser idea instead to go with the one we make at home.
Yeah the DIY thing nowadays are more popular basically because of social media. People nowadays has more ways to be informed that's why DIY ideas and videos are trending. But safety and know how should be considered before going through any instructions.

There are kinds of filter you can buy in the market, Hang-on, external, and submersible. It is up for you to decide what will you choose but I have read that it should be at least a size bigger than your tank. Always consider in deciding what filter to buy depending in your aquarium. Among these three filters, hang-on filters are the pretty basic to used. Hang-on filters are also cheaper if I am not mistaken. Submersible filters are quiet and more efficient because they are already submerged in the water. External filters advantage is that they are also quiet and easy to clean.

DenisP

Well it’s going to depend on the size of your tank. As I’m sure you’re aware, filters come in varying sizes depending on how many gallons your tank contains.

A highly recommended filter is the Tetra Whisper In-Tank filter, which has models for tanks ranging from 10 to 40 gallons. It’s fairly cheap too, starting at only $6.00.

The MarineLand Penguin Power Filter is another highly recommended filter, which filters tanks from 50-70 gallons. They also have models for smaller tanks, but at that point I’d recommend going for the Tetra Whisper model.