Ponds in the city.

sheriff 22

How possible is it to have ponds in the city? Can individuals come together and lobby for the city council to allocate some land that people can use to build their fish ponds? What other alternatives exist?

fishbate

I think it depends on the regulations and laws of the city your in. There are areas where ponds are possible just as long as you follow requirements and standards in equipment and structure. It's wise to have a small research on your area regulations about building a pond.

blackmist

It's not possible as long that you have materials needed to set up the system. And the most important is the area where your going to set it up. And it's true do some research first before setting up your pond just to make sure because some place don't allow pond in the city specially large one. You might be charge without knowing that it is prohibited.

One thing that I have always seen happen is the assistance of the government in anything that concerns the people that are into agriculture and for that reason, I believe that having a pond in the city is something that is pretty possible to come through unlike when we don't have the support of the government.

I think it depends on the regulations and laws of the city your in. There are areas where ponds are possible just as long as you follow requirements and standards in equipment and structure. It's wise to have a small research on your area regulations about building a pond.
Well, there is a situation where the regulations guiding the people will make them want to stop those that wants to setup a pond in an area, it is not possible in all cases especially those that understands the importance of agriculture.

amelia88

I also think there's probably legislative requirements and also the upkeep can be pretty expensive, so it's probably a matter of whether or not the local government has the funds for those kinds of projects.

I know in Tokyo there's a part of the city called Ichigaya where they actually have artificial ponds where you can even go fishing!

800px-Ichigaya_fishing_pond.jpg

Chinet23

This would be a great idea that people don't have to go out of town to go fishing and can actually do it in the city. It requires a hefty amount of funds and government assistance as already mentioned here. I am dubious though if someone will initiate this in our city. Fishing is not a popular leisure in our country. It is most likely for livelihood. So it has to be family-themed and should feature other recreation spots or refreshing scenery.

True it all depends on where you live. Some cities value their landscape and this is why you can find aquariums all over while some just cannot manage to waste any money for such things they term them as insignificant.

Zelmontero

This a good idea. It could really happened if they are enough fund to support it. Maintaining is the first thing that they should plan. Since, it will be build in the city it will be exposed to many people. It should be cleaned regularly. It is not impossible, it could happen through proper planning.

I also think there's probably legislative requirements and also the upkeep can be pretty expensive, so it's probably a matter of whether or not the local government has the funds for those kinds of projects.

I know in Tokyo there's a part of the city called Ichigaya where they actually have artificial ponds where you can even go fishing!

View attachment 16
Woow this is great. One of the other million reasons why I always consider Asia as my priority in places that I would love to Visit. So In Japan they are sorrounded by water but they still make ponds inside the city?