What Sand Color Do you have?

Ainz20

I use white sand as my Aquarium base, it accentuates my dark colored rocks. It's a good contrast against the different colored fishes I have in my aquarium.

What kind of sand do you use?

amelia88

Mine is a brownish-beige - I'm a big fan of a natural look so that's what I went for. I think it all really comes down to personal preference and what aesthetics you're drawn to!

White sand is the general one as it is going to assist in bridging the gap that you have when you put some other things into perspective as well. I have looked and get to realize that there are a whole lot that is going to happen when we take a look at the type of sand that we use.

Mine is a brownish-beige - I'm a big fan of a natural look so that's what I went for. I think it all really comes down to personal preference and what aesthetics you're drawn to!
Brown sands are also that good as long as you are not getting the clay ones that will make the place feel mouldy and all that.

Zelmontero

Brown sand is the one that I have. I like it because it makes the fishes standout. It also like that it make my aquarium look like natural.

amelia88

Brown sands are also that good as long as you are not getting the clay ones that will make the place feel mouldy and all that.
No I don't get the clay ones! I think that for me natural is just my preference. I've seen aquariums with all manner of bright artificial colors for sands and for some people I'm sure that's what they prefer but I always gravitate towards neutral colors myself.

superlicca

For me, white sand is the best. It looks more natural compared to the colored sand. I love how the white sand complements all the decors and the fish inside the tank. I know that white sand can be dirtier but cleaning is not really hard.

anchoreztin

I use white sand as my Aquarium base, it accentuates my dark colored rocks. It's a good contrast against the different colored fishes I have in my aquarium.

What kind of sand do you use?
Me too! we have almost the same setup. I also placed some white and gray pebbles in my tank. I don't usually put colored decoration in my tank because I like it when the colorful ones are my fish. Anyway, for me, that is what fishkeeping is all about. My fish is the highlight and the star of the tank.

Marako0406

Mine on the other hand is different because I like it darker and I use gravel. It has benefits for you and your fish as well like for example, gravel is heavy and it doesn't get pulled in to your fish tank's filters where it can lead to clogging and making it less efficient. Gravel has variety of colors to choose from so you can customize and to complement to your fish. It allows water to flow through it preventing the build up of the unwanted bacteria or amoeba which is not great for your pet fish.

anchoreztin

Mine on the other hand is different because I like it darker and I use gravel. It has benefits for you and your fish as well like for example, gravel is heavy and it doesn't get pulled in to your fish tank's filters where it can lead to clogging and making it less efficient. Gravel has variety of colors to choose from so you can customize and to complement to your fish. It allows water to flow through it preventing the build up of the unwanted bacteria or amoeba which is not great for your pet fish.
Woah! This is a very advice. I think I would consider using gravel to my tank the next time I clean it.

fishbate

I use white pebbles that are big enough to stay in the bottom. I use white because it helps more in keeping the tank illuminated. You can also use it as an indicator if the tank is dirty.

No I don't get the clay ones! I think that for me natural is just my preference. I've seen aquariums with all manner of bright artificial colors for sands and for some people I'm sure that's what they prefer but I always gravitate towards neutral colors myself.
That's good that you are careful about getting the ones that are not that clay. I have been in that type of situation where the clay ones ruined my fishing business and since then, I had to be careful.

Ainz20

I also use some brownish beige sand just to accentuate my rocks. It does look good made into patches. I always have a small bag of it along with a lot of white sand stocked in the house.